Root Canal in Corio
You may require root canal therapy to save an infected or dead tooth. This procedure involves removing an infected or permanently inflamed nerve in your tooth. Root canal treatment is a preferred alternative treatment to tooth extraction, as it aims to save damaged teeth rather than removing them altogether.
Signs a Root Canal Might be Necessary
- Severe toothache
- Dental decay or trauma
- Pain when chewing
- Persistent pain due to hot or cold temperatures
- Decay near or inside the nerve
- Chipped or broken tooth
- Extreme wear
- A tooth has received dental work more than once
Reasons Why You Would Need Root Canal Treatment
- Nerve damage
- Tooth infection
- Tooth decay
- Tooth cracks
- Trauma to the tooth
- An abscess due to infection
- Broken filling or crown
- Tooth sensitivity
- Stop bacteria from spreading
- Restorative work for crowns and bridges
The Benefits of Having a Root Canal Treatment
- Relieve pain and discomfort
- Restore the health of your teeth
- Keep your smile intact
- Prevent the need to operate on other teeth
The Three Stages of Root Canal Treatment
- The tooth will be numbed prior to removing decay and the infected nerve. A temporary filling will be placed on top of the tooth.
- During a second appointment, our root canal dentist will shape and measure your canals. They will use solutions to eliminate any bacteria.
- Our root canal dentist will put in fillings that fit the canals that were shaped.
Book a Root Canal Appointment Today
Do you suspect you require root canal therapy? Book an appointment with our dentist today to determine if a root canal in Corio is necessary. Call our root canal dentist today on (03) 5275 3444.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding with a surgical or invasive procedure, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.